Saturday, June 22, 2013

How to keep the shape of your pandesal

Who wants to eat deformed pandesal?

You get them from the bakery (we go to Pan de Amerikano) in perfect shape – squarish with rounded corners, and an almost domed top. Then the panadero puts them in a brown paper bag, three in a row, a dozen all cramped inside. Soft, freshly-baked and highly pliant, the short drive home is enough to squish them into a shapeless, unappetizing mess.

There must be a better way.

And so one weekend, I scoured SM department store for the perfect container for my pandesal. I found one. Oh I mean two, because there was a Buy 1 Take 1 promo at P199. I used one for my gift-wrapping stuff – ribbons, gift bags, etc.

And the other one became my pandesal box.

14 pieces of soft, fluffy and perfectly-shaped pandesal can fit in my pandesal box.


I love it when other customers at the bakery smile at me as I place my order and put my box on the counter. "That's a great idea!", one woman said. Seriously, I want to suggest to the bakery management to have a promo and give something like this to loyal customers.

Look at my pandesal–they're as beautiful as the moment they came out of the oven!


No comments:

Post a Comment