Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's for breakfast?

As someone who hardly cooks, I just make sure the food looks good... well put together and well-plated. My few attempts to eat healthy become more exciting because I choose to I eat pretty.

Since I work all day, some nights and some weekends, I've decided to focus on two meals: breakfast and my packed lunch.

Let's talk about breakfast first. I don't get to do this everyday. Since the new school year began, I have to wake up at about six a.m., shower, dress up, nag the kids and make sure we're out the door by seven.

Weekends are a different story. I get to stay in bed a bit longer (everyone else wakes up much later) and spend some quiet time crafting a nice meal to start the day.


Yesterday's breakfast: three juicy strawberries, one large ripe banana and a slice of date/walnut bread – toasted and lightly buttered.

  

The strawberries were dipped in a small blob of Nutella, and so were the bananas. Fruity, nutty and chocolatey – a perfectly happy flavor combination to welcome a lovely weekend and a brand new blog :-)

What did you have for breakfast today?

No comments:

Post a Comment